Sunday, February 22, 2009

Devin Athey and Leipheimer Win!

After a great Tour of California Devin Athey won the BYU Cycling Club fantasy cycling tournament with a correlation coefficient of .643. He has won all our respect and admiration.

We had a great ride last Saturday around West Mountain. It was a prep ride for the century coming up this next weekend. If you haven't heard we are doing a century (see below post). And some great news is we have a place to stay for about $5 a person. A member of the club is letting us stay at his place in St. George and the $5 is for the little expenses like a club breakfast. Let me know if you are (1) going down and/or (2) needing a place to stay. I am organizing carpools and everything so I need to know who is going.

A fun opportunity is presenting itself to the club. The Rex Lee Run is a large running event here in Provo and the club was asked to lend a hand in leading and following the race. We will help keep organization. We need around 4 riders who have a BYU jersey to participate. Let me know if you are interested. ycycling@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Good morning everyone. I would like to share a story and pass an idea by you. A few months ago I was on a ride and had more than the usual number of close calls. I decided to act. I designed a jersey with the words "3 Feet Please" on the back and produced a couple hundred of them thinking others just might feel the same frustration. I was right there are a lot of cyclists who experience close calls and fear them. The jersey is now being worn by cyclists all over the world who want to remind motorists to give them space when passing from the rear.

    When I looked at your club piture I thought, "Wouldn't these guys look great wearing the jersey as a club." If you have an interest in doing that, let me know.

    Be safe.

    Joe Mizereck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay Wait is a nut. He has a rubber butt. And when he turns around it goes "Putt Putt".

    ReplyDelete